Data protection information
This information explains which data we store on our servers when processing your application and how these data are secured and used.
The information on data protection applies for electronic submissions prepared using the electronic application (hereinafter referred to as "service") on the internet page with the address bifonds.de/cgi-bin/onlineapplication and in part also for the written application.
Personal application data
In the course of using this service, only those data shall be queried which are required for processing and deciding on your application, as well as for evaluating selection processes and funding programmes of the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF). The data are forwarded to peer reviewers and committee members as part of the BIF evaluation and decision processes. These persons are also obligated to handle the data and documents confidentially. The data are also stored and processed for these purposes in the BIF business office. You can approve the usage of your data by BIF electronically. Your application cannot be processed unless you grant your consent. Upon request, BIF will inform you which of your personal data have been stored.
Declarations and obligations
I agree that
- the data required by Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) for processing and deciding on the application shall be electronically and in paper form stored and processed by BIF and also forwarded to peer reviewers and foundation committees as part ofthe evaluation and decision-making process;
- BIF processes and stores my personal data and data given in the application(s) for internal and scientific evaluations to monitor the quality of its selection processes and of its funding programmes and their effects. In case external cooperating partners, e.g. scientists, might be involved in such evaluations, it will be ensured that they also comply with all legal requirements;
- information about successful applications, including the name of the applicant, the institutions involved and their locations, the amount of funding, the field of activity, general title and a general summary of the research project can be published on the BIF websites, in the FUTURA journal, and printed materials of BIF;
I am aware that I can revoke the agreement regarding point number 2 in written form with future effect.
I obligate myself
- to notify BIF immediately about any changes to the data given in the online form or the written application;
- to comply with all laws relevant to the project and other project-related regulations and in particular, to obtain any required approvals in due time;
- to use the approved financing solely in the interest of efficiently pursuing the project as described in the application;
- to comply with the rules of good scientific practice.
A cookie is a small text file, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently.
The website www.bifonds.de uses only technically necessary cookies.
Necessary cookies are used for technical reasons, such as re-establishing a user’s session at login if their previous session was cancelled due to user inactivity. Such cookies are not used to analyse use of this website.
No active components
A web browser can, at your own discretion, temporarily store individual data inputs or page displays on your PC locally (cache). If you use this service on a public PC or on one which can be accessed by several persons, then you should delete this cache upon completion of your use.
Secure data transmission
Any data transmission between your PC and our system during the usage of this service is done using an encrypted network connection (HTTPS/SSL/TLS).
Security of your PC
We recommend the routine updating of your computer, and the usage of virus protection programmes and a personal firewall.
Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds
Foundation for Basic Research in Medicine